IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE ORDERING:
Berkey Recently change the filter element and the Bottle to a larger straw to improve flow. CAREFULLY check your existing bottle to make sure that you are ordering the correct replacement filter.
OLD (generation 1) has a smaller input tube with barbs on it. The newer (generation 2) has a larger input with no barbs.
WE NOW ONLY SELL GENERATION 2
Sport Berkey replacement purification elements feature the IONIC ADSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION SYSTEM. This filter is designed to remove and/or dramatically reduce a vast array of health-threatening contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote lakes and streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries where regulations may be sub-standard at best.
The “Tortuous Path” structure of these pores gives it its unique characteristics. The media within the filter element removes contaminants by a surface phenomenon known as “adsorption” which results from the molecular attraction of substances to the surface of the media. This exclusive filter also incorporates proprietary absorbing media that are impregnated into the micro-porous filter for the IONIC absorption of pollutants into the filter such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, and other dangerous heavy metals.
- The Sport Berkey® Replacement Purification Element eliminates or reduces:
- Harmful microscopic pathogens: E-coli >99.99999%, Cryptosporidium, Giardia and other pathogenic bacteria.
- Toxic chemicals> 99.9%: Trihalomethanes, VOCs, detergents, pesticides, etc.
- Radiologicals: > 99.9%: Radon 222.
- Heavy metals > 99.9%: Aluminum, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Lead, and Mercury.
- Unpleasant taste and odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment and chlorine > 99.9%.
GENERATION 1 NO LONGER AVAILABLE