Blemished Berkey® Systems: Same Great Performance, Special Price!
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey® system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey® systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey® Filter Elements that have made Berkey® by NMCL the leader in the industry.
Cosmetic blemishes may include scratches, dents, discolored spots on the finish or irregular polish marks. Blemished Berkey® systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects. However, the Black Berkey® Filter Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey® systems.
Note: Blemished systems may not be shipped in original packaging.
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
- The Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Filter Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Filter Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Filter Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Filter Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Filter Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
SCRATCH AND DENT UNITS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY IF YOU ARE ABLE TO PUT ONE INTO YOUR SHOPPING CART, IF YOU CANT PUT ONE INTO YOUR SHOPPING CART, WE DO NOT HAVE ANY, BUT CHECK BACK LATER
No other offers or coupons can be used with scratch and dent units.